Sunday, July 24, 2011

Part I: Mo & Granddad's House

Last Thursday morning the kids and I went to Flippin to spend a few days with my parents. Of course the first thing Alexee wanted to do was to find Princess Louisa. This cat is sometimes difficult to find on very hot days, and I spent more time searching than I really wanted to! :) Once we found her, we brought her inside for a while and served her a dish of milk.

This weekend Alexee suddenly overcame her fear of bugs and became an avid bug collector. If she wasn't holding Princess Louisa (or trying to find her under a bush), she was trying to catch a grasshopper, cricket, jar fly, lady bug, etc. She had a plastic container full of bugs of different shapes and sizes...some alive, some not.
Alexee wants to carry Louisa everywhere she goes. Poor Louisa...sometimes I think she just wants to sleep in the corner. It looks like she's wanting to yell "Help!" in this picture.
Rhett and Alexee went to the hayfield with Mo for a while Thursday afternoon, and they got HOT riding in the truck with no air-conditioning. When Granddad got home Thursday evening the boys helped him wash the river boat because we planned to use it Saturday morning.
More bug-hunting
Crosby took a break to play ball
I like how the sun is shining on his hair in this picture. His little face was so red from the heat.
He was happy to have a turn spraying the water.
More on our trip later...

0 comments: