Alexee and I have been looking forward to our date! This afternoon we went to see Madeline and the Gypsies at the Children's Theatre. We only recently discovered the cuteness of the Madeline books/movies! Alexee chose one of the movies from the library, and we all enjoyed it so much that we went back to check out all of the available Madeline books. When I saw that this show was going to be at the theatre, I knew I wanted to make plans to take Alexee. She was a tiny bit nervous at first because she doesn't like for the room to go dark, but she did fine. I think she really enjoyed it--I know I did!
"In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines
Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines
In two straight lines they broke their bread
And brushed their teeth and went to bed.
They left the house at half past nine
In two straight lines in rain or shine-
The smallest one was Madeline."
No photography was allowed during the performance, so I only took this one during the Q & A afterward.
She's so much fun! I loved having a special day with her.
She asked for a penny to toss into the fountain. I handed her two pennies, and she told me that she'd tell me one wish but keep the other a secret. The one she shared was that her tooth would come out soon and that it wouldn't hurt when it did. :)
Our last stop was Shake's, but we brought the boys each a concrete, too!
I mentioned in my previous post that her bottom tooth has been VERY wiggly. We tried a few times to pull it, but she said it hurt so we kept waiting. Well, by tonight it was just barely hanging on by a thread so I was determined to pull it before she went to school tomorrow. I didn't want to miss the big event and her bring the tooth home in a zip-loc bag. So after she brushed her teeth I asked if I could try one more time. She let me, and it popped right out. The look on her face was priceless! After she realized it came out she was SO excited about her new smile and could not wait to show Lane. I just can't believe she's already lost a tooth. Rhett's first one didn't fall out until March of his Kindergarten year, so I just assumed it would be a while until she lost one of hers too. :(
She tucked it safely into the hippo tooth pillow, and found just the right spot for it in her bed.
(The hippo pillow was mine when I was little.) :)
















1 comments:
Fun!! Wish I could have gone to the play with you girls. And, I just can't believe she's lost a tooth...none of Brooks' are even loose??
Post a Comment