Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday

It's already week #4 of school, which is hard to believe!  After dropping R & A off this morning, Crosby and I built a Lego fire station.
And we went for a walk.  I was thinking I'd push him in the stroller for exercise, but he wanted to walk by himself so we just strolled along at a slow pace.  He took a snack, and we stopped to look at bugs on the sidewalk, minnows in the creek, fire hydrants, etc.
After school we went to Staples to get a flash drive and a notebook that Rhett needed for school tomorrow, then we stopped by the bakery for cookies.  As soon as we got home, Alexee got her homework sheet out of her backpack and started working.  I love that she does this without being asked.  She likes to get things done, and even though it's a small thing it seems like such a big help to me!  She drew this little picture of the color yellow today--hay, daffodils, sunshine, a duck and a smiley face.  I think yellow is a really cheerful color!
We played out in the back yard for a while before dinner, and we discovered some sort of vine and produce growing over our fence.  The new neighbors have planted something on a pole where our fences meet.  The kids thought it was funny and wanted to know what it was.  Maybe some sort of squash??  Crosby shot it with a water gun, just for fun.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

You are such a fun momma! : ) Sometimes I'm so sad that Harbor won't let me push him in the stroller on walks.. It is selfish on my part, really, but I like to go fast and get where we are going. Ha! Harbor reminds me to stop and smell the flowers sometimes. Wish our boys could play together- they would be good friends, I'm sure!