Saturday, September 22, 2012

The County Fair

When I was in high school, the county fair was a fun, annual event that everyone looked forward to.  It was just one of the many great things about fall.  I don't think I've been since then, but this year we knew we couldn't miss the Faulkner Co. Fair because my niece was showing Annabelle for the first time!  We were excited to go see them Thursday afternoon after school.  
The actual show took place Thursday morning, so we didn't get to watch it, but Jaiden and Annabelle did great.  I had to text my sister to ask exactly what ribbons they won...this was her response:

1st in commercial crossbred heifer English class,
Grand Champion in English class, 
3rd place in Advanced Cloverbud Showmanship, 
and the clean stall award for beef cattle division
Awesome job, Jaiden!  She told me she had a lot of fun and wished it wasn't over.  
My parents had driven down for the day, so it was so nice to get to see them, too.  The kids liked running around with them looking at all the different animals.  This chicken was one of my favorites.  Jaiden said he was having a bad hair day-ha!
Alexee said she'd like to get a rabbit--no surprise there.  :) The pigs were super cute but also super stinky!  
We watched them shear a sheep.
Annabelle is sweet and gentle.  The kids enjoyed brushing her, and I think she loved the attention.
I wish Jeryn had been here for this picture, but he was out with his Dad at the time.  We didn't see him until we met for dinner later.  They had all worked hard to decorate their space, and it looked very cute.
Of course with Rhett's interest in locks, he liked checking out the supplies box that they had in the sitting area.
 Dad & Alexee
We didn't stay for the fair rides to open, which the kids were disappointed about because they really wanted to ride a ferris wheel.  We'll save that and the fried Twinkies for next time--maybe it will be a little bit cooler!  We all went to eat dinner before we had to go home. They begged to go back with Mo and Granddad, but it was a school night so we couldn't do that either.  Wonderful to see everyone though and so proud of Jaiden.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Way to go, Jaiden! That's quite the haul of prizes!

Heather said...

Awesome job Jaiden!! Love the burlap apple...you are so talented my friend. If we lived closer, I'd like to take art classes from you. I think you should do that...