Today was school picture day for R & A. At breakfast Alexee said she was going to pretend to be asleep during her photo, but then when we were walking out the door she practiced her smile and this is what I saw.
I tried to convince Rhett to not carry his backpack on his back--just for this morning--but he said it was too heavy. So I guess my time spent ironing his shirt would have been better used on something else. :) Rhett has been inspired to do his own hair each morning since I bought him a new, instant-freeze gel. I tried to do a few curls in Alexee's hair, but she was very worried that I would have her looking like Aurora on Halloween 2010.I haven't posted much lately, but it really doesn't seem like we've had a lot of interesting things going on, just the daily routine. It rained from Friday to Monday, which I actually liked. It was dark and cool outside and I enjoyed staying at home over the weekend. Alexee did have a birthday party for her friend Ryan on Saturday, which had to be moved from the park to Ryan's house because of the weather. She had fun playing with everyone and didn't want to leave. Lane didn't work until Sunday afternoon so he was able to go to church with us! (He hasn't been able to go very many times since June, which is sad. With his current work schedule, weekends don't mean anything, but I guess I'll never get used to him having Sunday shifts.) I took Rhett to a birthday party at JumpZone Sunday afternoon. It was for a friend from his class (last year), so he said he had a good time with all those boys. Alexee is working on high-frequency words at school, and her teacher provided a list for us to use at home. I wrote them on flash cards, and I've been so impressed at how well she knows them. She arranged them into a few simple sentences last night. I think "I like to see" was one of them. She will be so excited to be able to read on her own like Rhett. Crosby is doing fine, too. Cole came over to play with him for a little while yesterday afternoon, and they played Handy Manny and fire man.





0 comments:
Post a Comment