Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Carving & Festival

Rhett and Alexee waited patiently for Crosby to wake up from his nap on Sunday so we could carve pumpkins.  I asked C if he wanted his to have a happy face or a scary face--he said he wanted it to be happy.  :)  R and A both drew their own jack-o-lantern faces, R did the scooping of the seeds and Lane and I did the carving.  Alexee and Crosby got bored quickly and moved on to jumping into leaves in the back yard.

I love Alexee's sweet smile.
We tried to make Bogart sit in the picture, but he didn't want to.
As soon as we finished the carving project, the kids changed into their costumes and we all went to our church's Family Fest/Trunk-or-Treat.  It was a lot of fun playing games and seeing friends.

Ann Katherine & Alexee
Alexee wanted to dress up like her American Girl doll, Marie-Grace, this year.  Rhett wanted to be Captain America, and Crosby chose Spider-Man.
They all three did the cupcake walk.  R & C both won cupcakes during the first few rounds, but it took many, many rounds for A's number to get called.  Lane was sweet to stand there with her for probably another 20-25 minutes while I took the boys to the jump houses.  She finally won!
There was a firetruck there for display--that was one of C's favorite things, of course!  Many of the adults handing out candy were dressed up, too--it was fun to see their costumes.  I thought it was really nice of them to make it so special for all the children.
Fireman Crosby/Spider-Man
When we got home that night we lit the jack-o-lanterns on the front steps.  
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

0 comments: