Friday, October 26, 2012

My Favorite Month is Flying By

I love October.  I wish it could have a few extra weeks added to it...maybe borrow one week from humid-end-of-summer August and one week from bitter cold-post-holidays January?  I haven't posted much lately, but we've been staying busy with school activities, etc. Lane and I even got to enjoy a few days away (just us!) last week so I'll have to post some pictures from sunny Florida soon!

So here are some catch-up pictures...

My sweet friend, Lady Harris, made this fun BOO outfit for Alexee, and I just love it!  I'm already thinking about a Christmas shirt that she could wear with these pants to make the outfit last longer.  
Ready for school
She's so good about doing her homework.  She usually does it right after school without even being asked. 
One day while Crosby was at MDO I had lunch with Rhett.  He ate the middle out of his grilled cheese sandwich, and I took him a root beer float for dessert.  :)
Crosby has been saying for weeks that he wants to be Spider-Man for Halloween.  I was happy to find one in his size at Target a while back.  He's already worn a hole in it, but at least we're getting a lot of use out of it (pictures to prove it).
Day 1--so excited!
One day we went for a walk and collected leaves along the way.  We made a picture with them when we got back home.
Spider-Man and Alexee enjoyed playing with one of A's new friends from her class.
Her friend was showing her how to write her name in Chinese characters.
It's always fun to get special mail--thank you, Heather!!
Rhett had a friend spend the night one Friday, and I took them all to get donuts the next morning.
Finding this in Alexee's school folder made my day!
breakfast one morning
The kids were out of school on Monday for Parent/Teacher conferences.  Thankful that they're both doing great!
They played on the playground after conferences while I helped a friend with decorations for the fall math and literacy carnival.
We worked on one of the carnival banners at home that afternoon while C napped.
From one of their favorite books, The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything.
I had lunch with Alexee on Tuesday and took her a treat from the bakery.  I knew she'd like the flowers.
Cute lunch date wearing PJs because her class met their fundraiser goal and got a PJ day reward.  It was also Drug Free Red Ribbon Week.
She wanted me to spend recess with her, too.  Such a sweet girl--I still can't really believe she's in Kindergarten.  
Bogart watching for the kids in carpool line
Wednesday morning Crosby and I met Emily and Cole at the park and took a picnic lunch.  We had a great time catching up with them and enjoying the perfect weather.
Thursday afternoon we went to a different park with Holly and Reid.  Holly brought bread and crackers to feed the geese--there were so many of them it was almost scary!  Maybe they're migrating through here?
Thursday night was the fall carnival at school.  We hurried home from the park, ate dinner and took baths then went back to school.  The kids were really good and had a lot of fun playing the games.  R and A both won books in the book walk, had their faces painted, loved the jump house, came home with candy and Halloween pencils, etc.  I was completely out of energy by 8:30 that night, fell asleep early on the couch and didn't wake up until after midnight.  That's such a miserable feeling!
 Making books in the 1st grade flex space
 :)
 Library reading loft--such a neat space!
Science lab petting zoo 
CRAZY to me that someone would have this as a pet.  Unlike me, the kids were not afraid of it.  

3 comments:

Claire said...

I'd be a fraidy cat too - glad the kids were happy to meet the snake!

I love this time of year :)

Meet Lindsay said...

Love that book! Landon and I have been reading it the last few nights!

Leslie said...

I love October as well! Y'all have been spending it wisely.