Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Last Friday was the kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin patch at BoBrook Farms.  Alexee was super excited to find out that she would be riding the bus there!  Crosby and I met her there--C was much more active on this field trip that he was on Rhett's class trip in 2009!  :) 
There are approximately 160 kindergarteners at her school, so I thought it would be three hours of total craziness...but it wasn't!  The owners of the farm had all the morning's activities organized by specific class and specific time, and the rotations went very well. In addition to the pumpkin picking, there was a hayride, hay maze & corn pit, hay pyramid, animal petting area, scarecrow and parachute.

I thought Crosby was really good.  He stayed right with Alexee's class (MOST of the time), and A was sweet to hold his hand and welcome him along beside her.  We arrived a few minutes before the buses, so he played with Molly and Emily who were also waiting on their older siblings.  
C with two of our cute neighbors
He has fun wherever he goes!
Mrs. D had everyone stand by the scarecrow for a class picture.  Do you see Crosby on the right?  :)
On the way to pick pumpkins, I noticed that Alexee put her arm around C's shoulder.  I thought it was just so sweet!   Then she leaned over to whisper something to him and held his hand.  They're two years apart in age, but in this picture he looks almost as tall as her!
The kids were told to only pick from the first four rows of pumpkins because these were the smaller, pie pumpkins.  I think Lex looked at every pumpkin on all four rows before deciding which one she wanted!  :)  It had to be just right--not too big, not too small.
I noticed this bloom mixed in with all the pumpkin plants.  Isn't it a pretty color?
The kids were cute loading their pumpkins into the little red wagon.
Mrs. D helping some of the boys.
The picnic was fun.  The weather turned cold Friday night, but that morning was just perfect!
Everyone loved playing under the parachute too!
Alexee feeding a goat
At the top of the hay pyramid
Fun in the corn pit
And on the hayride
What a FUN DAY!
Happy Fall!

1 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Looks like a wonderful day! Love the pictures of Alexee and Crosby holding hands and her with her arm around him! How sweet is that??

Your kids are beautiful Jamie and you are the best hands-on Mom!