Sunday, December 30, 2012

Candlelight Service

We always love going to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at church.  The very first song they sang this time was The Little Drummer Boy.  It had all the kids' attention because I'd recently told them that I had to be the drummer boy in one of our church Christmas programs when I was a little girl.  They thought it was funny that I had to be a boy and that I had to put mud on my face for the part.  Crosby has mentioned that so many times--that really stuck with him for some reason.  I'm not sure why I had to play the drummer boy...probably because I was late for church the night parts were assigned and that was all that was left--ha! 

They had several drummers that marched in and stood in front of the stage--it was really good!
The candlelight part is always so pretty and special...but makes me a little nervous with the kids holding candles!

0 comments: