The kids were actually anxious to go to sleep on Christmas Eve. I love to see them snuggled in their beds, knowing how excited they will be when morning arrives!
Santa always leaves his gifts by the fireplace. This year there was a letter from Santa (a response to the letter Rhett left him with his cookies) and also a good-bye note from the elf.
They were ready to go nice and early. At 6:07 I heard them calling into Crosby's monitor, "Hurry, we're ready!"
They opened their gifts from Santa first:
Bogart had a stocking full of treats and a new squirrel toy.
A & R chose this Spider-Man to give to Crosby.
From her brothers
Rhett did this at school and wrapped it himself:
So precious to me!
Lane working on breakfast
We had bacon, scrambled eggs, pumpkin bread from Jennifer (thanks, J!), fruit and fruit dip, cream cheese crescent bars and Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls that Emily made for us (thanks, E!). I thought it was all good.
It was somewhat of a rushed morning because I had to clean up the Christmas morning mess and pack to go to my parents' house. We'd planned to go on the 26th, but with the snowy forecast we decided we probably wouldn't get to go for several days if we didn't go ahead and leave. We made it there before the bad weather hit, no problems at all. But my sister and her family were a few hours behind us and had to turn around and go back to their house because of the storm. I felt so bad for them--they lost power that evening and spent Christmas night in the dark. Dad met Mario the next day and brought Mic and the kids back to Flippin with him so we still got to see them!






















1 comments:
That card from Rhett is the SWEETEST thing! I'm glad y'all made it to Flippin. We were there for Christmas and then left as fast as we could after lunch worried it would snow and we didn't get a drop. I'm glad Micaela got there too. Happy New year to the Garners! We love y'all!
Post a Comment