The 3 and 4 year olds were so super cute in the preschool Christmas program on Thursday! I think it's always fun to watch the kids on stage--even if they just stand there looking cute and don't really get into the singing (like Crosby--even though he's been singing the songs at home for weeks!). :)
The kids were all asked to wear jeans and a long-sleeve, white shirt. The teachers had scarves for all the kids to wear, which Crosby liked. He told me several times that his teacher let him wear a scarf! This was when I dropped him off in his room the morning of the program. I hurried back home to get dressed and gather up everything for the school parties that afternoon, but I was anxious to get back for the program at 11:00.
C is the 7th from the left
He mostly just looked around and occasionally laughed. :) I don't think I got any pictures of him actually singing. ha!
They did one little song/act where they built a snowman and tried different silly hats on him. C really laughed at that (see following picture). I love that he is such a happy, easy-going little boy.
And guess who showed up! Santa and Mrs. Claus!
Every child got a chance to walk up to Santa and say one thing that he/she wanted for Christmas. Crosby walked right up to the microphone and plainly said, "a TOY!".
sweet sweet memories
Next up, Alexee's class party at 12:40 and Rhett's at 1:00. (I'm finding it somewhat difficult to be in two--or three--places at once these days!) I'm the room rep for A's class, so I had to set up and help with the party which was fun and I enjoyed spending time with her and her sweet classmates. But I also wanted to get to hang out with Rhett during his party, too. I wish the parties could have been on different days. Once another parent got A's class started on a game of Bingo, I ran upstairs to see Rhett for a little while at their "around the world" party. Several parents were cooking foods from around the world for the kids to try.
the Kindergarten class, however, just enjoyed cheese pizza
Alexee and Mrs. D
At the 3rd grade party--so good to see this sweet guy.
love the water bottles!
friends
Back downstairs, the kindergarteners had a book exchange. They sat in a big circle and Mrs. Beth read them a book about the gingerbread man. Every time they heard the word "gingerbread" they had to pass their book to the left. At the end of the book they kept the gift/book they had in their hands. Oh the laughing and excitement each time they heard the magic word! :)At the end of the party, they gathered around to give Mrs. D her gift--a gift card and a ceramic plate that the kids helped with one day when their teacher was out. And I think they kept it a secret!
They each did a thumb print on the rim of the plate for the light bulbs. I added the tree and the wire and listed their names on the back of the plate. I hope she knows how much we all appreciate her--she's such a wonderful, sweet, loving, fun teacher!
AND each student secretly did a plate for the parents--we had no idea they'd been working on these! THANK YOU, Mrs. D and Alexee, I'll treasure this always--I LOVE it! It looks so cute and cheerful in our kitchen.
Christmas break is getting reeeeally close now!

























2 comments:
It looks like they all had really fun parties/programs. Same here with trying to juggle being in more than one place at the same time. It was a stressful day for sure. I love the plate that Alexee made, super cute! :) Merry Christmas to ya'll. Can't believe how fast it got here this year.
Beautiful! I did plates with my class too :)
Post a Comment