We had a nice back-to-school trip to Branson, MO, last week. Rhett has been excited about going to Silver Dollar City again so he could ride the new roller coaster, Outlaw Run. The Treehouse Condo was great and had a beautiful view of Table Rock Lake. It was also fun for the kids because it had a cozy loft bedroom--they all slept upstairs together.
Crosby and I played a few games of Zingo!
It was raining as we were walking into Silver Dollar City, but it stopped shortly after we got through the gate and didn't rain again while we were there-yay! It wasn't crowded at all until after noon when the sun came out!
We split up for most of the time. Lane and Rhett went to ride all the big rides while I took Alexee and Crosby to the kiddie rides.
We all met up for lunch.
The carousel at "Half Dollar Holler"
They both loved the Treetop Trail--they went through this several times.
train ride around the park
(It's a small world--we ran into one of my sister's best friends. They sat right behind us on the train. Hi, DeeDee!)
Rhett tried the Oreo funnel cake.
It was such a fun day!
We hurried back to the condo to take baths and go to dinner with my parents. We were so happy they drove up to meet us at Joe's Crab Shack!
Alexee coloring with Mo
Rhett enjoying a "Shark Nibbler"
After dinner we walked down to the water.
Ready for the water show.
Mom & Dad
Breakfast at Panera Bread
On Friday, Lane dropped us off with my Mom so that we could go to their house for one night. Lane had to go back to work on Saturday. My sister and her kids were coming to Flippin too, so we had fun with them. (I didn't take many pictures). My grandparents came over and brought homemade bread, we played on the swing set and the kids played basketball. Rhett helped Mo feed and Crosby and Alexee went on farm buggy rides with Grandad and Alexee came back with a huge bouquet of surprise lilies (that made us all sneeze--ha!).It has rained there every day in August so far, which is just crazy. It's usually 105 degrees and the grass is usually dry and brown! But everything is very green and pretty this year--I like this kind of August!
The kids never want to leave there, but it was extra hard for Rhett this time for some reason. He said it was because summer is over and we won't get to go back for a long time. I felt so bad for him. And I agree...it's a sad feeling knowing summer break is coming to an end. It has been a great 2 1/2 months. I've enjoyed the time with the kids, and I'm not ready to get back into the busy school routine.





























2 comments:
Sweet post. I bet R WAS excited to get on that SDC ride after all this summer's VBS hype!!
I got teary in your last paragraph. :)
Your parents and us left town going in the same direction till we got nearly to Branson . We were headed to Springfield cause S had a doctor's appt. Steve said," I wonder if B and R are going to SDC to ride the rides?" (We didn't know you all were there). Then he said, "Or else they are going to see Gary McSpadden ( we saw he has a church there)!!!
We have Harper for the week and we are planning a trip to SDC to take her on Friday. S and I haven't been since I swear the Christmas our families went together....How long ago was that??
Post a Comment