Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of School: 1st & 4th

Ready or not, it's back-to-school time!  Today was the first day of 1st Grade for Alexee and 4th Grade for Rhett.  Crosby's first day of Pre-K4 is tomorrow.  I tried to do as much as possible last night so that this morning would go smoothly, but of course it still felt rushed to get out the door on time!  Rhett and Crosby have been up at the crack of dawn ALL SUMMER, but today everyone decided to sleep in!?!  I had to wake all three of them up--ha!

I printed these sweet lunch box notes from here:
 Lunch boxes ready to go.
I made little treat bags for after school (C got his a day early).  Nothing fancy--just m&ms, suckers, chapstick and gum.  When I gave them to the kids in afternoon carpool, Alexee said, "Wow, you REALLY wanted us to have a great day, didn't you!?"  She's so sweet!  :)
 
Clothes and backpacks on the stairs.  I love to see their clothes and shoes lined up--makes my heart happy and thankful! :)
We had just enough time for a few quick pics on the front steps.  I wish I would have had Crosby stand with them for a picture even though he wasn't going to school today.  (Found these fun chalkboard signs on Pinterest. 
Praying for a GREAT school year for these cuties...and for Crosby too!  It is my prayer that they would shine for the Lord every day and in every situation!
We love you, Rhett!
 We love you, Alexee!
We were so happy that Lane was able to go to school with us this year!  He had just worked a 12 hour night shift so I know he was exhausted, but it was fun to be able to go as a family!  They were so sweet walking in together.
Alexee and her dear friend, Kylie
I was worried that Alexee would have a difficult time at drop-off, but she did fine!  Lane walked her over to her class line and she sat down, no tears.
Rhett found someone he recognized from his class and went to get in line.
I knew I was going to miss them today!  I was really ready for pick-up time so I could see them and hear how the day went.  They both had a good day with no issues to report.  We went straight from school to the park where we met several friends.  It was great to visit with everyone about the day's events.  We played for an hour and then took Rhett to his first-ever guitar lesson.  He was very excited about starting!  I hope he continues to show interest and learns quickly!
We are trying to get back to a good night-time routine.  I thought Alexee and Marie Grace looked so sweet in their matching nightgowns.  We read books and got in bed early...hopefully everyone will be rested up and ready for day 2!

1 comments:

Jacquie Wallace said...

SO much sweetness here!!