Friday, August 16, 2013

Meet the Teacher Visits

Last night was Meet-the-Teacher Night at Rhett and Alexee's elementary.  Alexee has been a little nervous about returning to school, but the classroom visit seemed to help put her at ease about a new teacher and a new classroom.  I wish she could have had at least one of her close friends in the same classroom with her--that would have made her feel even better--but I trust she will make some wonderful new friends this year!  As a 4th grader, Rhett isn't nervous at all--this is all routine to him now.
FIRST GRADER
Here she is with her new teacher.  She was very nice and made Alexee feel welcome.  I've heard from several people that she is a wonderful teacher!
Rhett was sweet asking her to pose by her door for a photo. 
And here is Rhett with his new teacher!  She was super nice, too.  Rhett knew of her and was excited when he found out he would be in her room. 
CANNOT BELIEVE IT!  
(Am I really this old??)
Dropping off all of his supplies at his assigned seat
Taking a picture of the class list
(there were some familiar names)
And here's Crosby...having fun, as always!
And then this morning it was Crosby's turn to go meet his teachers and see his new room!  One of his teachers had both Rhett and Alexee in Pre-K4, so we already know and love her.  And the other sweet lady taught him last year in the 3 yr old room, so we know and love her too!  He had fun looking around at all the different toys and work stations.  He didn't want to leave...so I think he'll be just fine next week!
School year 2013-2014, here we go!

1 comments:

Claire said...

What fun! I cannot wait to meet my new class!