Sunday, August 11, 2013

More School Supplies, Climbing Camp and more

Well, sadly summer break is coming to an end.  I can't believe it is August 11th...school starts a week from tomorrow.  I thought I'd try to catch up...

Fun morning swimming with our friend Reid
School supplies shopping with my FIRST GRADER!  
Rhett had a great week at rock climbing camp (week of 7/29).  This was his third year to attend, and he still loved it. This had to be good exercise!  I'm so happy he had fun.  This is him almost to the top of the wall on the left!  
Last Friday night we packed a picnic and ate dinner at the park.  The weather has been so strange here lately.  We've had cooler temps and a lot of rain for August.
I'm honestly not ready for school to start!  It's been a fun summer with these sweeties.  I'm going to miss hanging out with them. 
Last Saturday was pet clean-up day.  Bogart and Joey both had baths, I cleaned out Joey's cage and David (our fish) got clean water.  Alexee helped me with the guinea pig's bath.  He's looked so cute and fluffy after we dried him with the hair dryer!  ha!
Saturday breakfast:  monkey bread, sausage casserole and peaches
Watching cartoons/jumping on the couch
Saturday evening I took the kids swimming again.  No sunscreen makes for easier trips! 
 C said, "See, Momma, I'm like Spider-Man. I can stick to walls."
One rainy day we cleaned/reorganized the playroom and made a corner art area for Alexee.  She added her markers, crayons, paper, scissors, etc., and we hung her art camp canvases.
And, last Tuesday we had another fun day swimming with friends!  
Thankful for lots of sweet summer memories.

0 comments: