Friday, December 13, 2013

Chalk Paint Project #2

Well, I painted the hutch in the breakfast area.  The mirror project was easy enough, and I had a lot of paint left so Monday I started painting again.  I had a deadline because I was hosting a brunch here this morning and wanted to have it finished!
BEFORE:
 DURING:
The color (Duck Egg) looked a little brighter than I'd hoped at first, but I liked it after applying the soft wax and sanding the edges for a more antique look.  
 AFTER:
(Still need to find new drawer pulls.  I bought some at Hobby Lobby but they didn't fit.)
And I love checking the mailbox in December--Christmas cards!  I hung a ribbon across the window this morning and clipped our cards to it.

5 comments:

Candy said...

It turned out so pretty!!! I love it!

Geeta said...

The hutch looks gorgeous! I love all the books on it =) & the mailman is one of my best friends this time of year. Merry Christmas!

Tracy said...

That looks awesome!

This Old House said...

I LOVE it!!!!! : )

sandra said...

I love it! You did such a great job!