This morning the kids and I went to church and Lane went to work, but while I was in the cafe L sent a text saying he thought he might be done in time to make it to second service--I was so glad! He missed the songs (great today!), but made it there at the beginning of the sermon. Our current series is called Proverbs: Walk Wisely. Today's message was about the power of our words/how the tongue has the power of life and death (Prov. 18:8). Another verse that Mark mentioned was Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." I memorized that verse in Bible Drill in probably 3rd or 4th grade...but too often I act like I've never even heard it. The kids are usually all talking/asking questions at the same time, and I find myself being very impatient with them in my answers. Definitely something for me to work on this week!

It was terribly hot, and the umbrella at that table was broken so we walked across the parking lot to find shade!
It was somewhat cooler on the sidewalk shaded by a building, but the ice still melted almost immediately!
Here comes Alexee with her bubble gum flavored shave ice which she decided after a few bites that she didn't really like.








0 comments:
Post a Comment