Friday, November 23, 2012

My Birthday

Whew, it seems like things have been busy lately!  One week ago today was my birthday.  Lane had a shift that day, and Rhett and Alexee were at school, so it was up to Crosby and Bogart to provide the birthday entertainment.  Crosby had several ideas including playing Super Mario Bros., Legos and Hide & Seek!  After school, Micaela and the kids came over to play, then we all went to Purple Cow for dinner.  The kids insisted on telling our waitress that it was my birthday, so the whole crew came out singing and carrying purple ice cream with sprinkles and a candle.  :)  Never too old for purple ice cream, right!?

C always wants me to be Mario and he is Yellow Toad.
Bogart is already thinking about cake and ice cream!
Thanks for the new necklace, Mic!  I love it.  And thanks for coming to visit on my real b-day!
Rhett was so sweet to want to spend his own money to get me a gift card.  He interviewed me the night before to help determine which card would be best, then he asked me to take him to Kroger after school on Friday so that he could buy the card.  I kept telling him he really really didn't have to get me anything, but he said he was sure that he wanted to.  He went to the self-check-out line and asked me to go to a different one so that I wouldn't see and ruin the surprise.  He also chose a greeting card for me.  :)  Such a sweet, thoughtful boy!
With the kids before dinner--thankful for each one of them!  I enjoyed spending the day with you guys!
They always want to do a "silly face picture" before we're done.
Jeryn helping C with his Spider-Man costume
@ Purple Cow
Jaiden came home with us after dinner and spent the night.  Unfortunately, Crosby got the stomach bug during the night.  It was a rough night, and he ran fever the next day.  Lane had to work, I ran Jaiden back to meet my sister, then my friend Lianne came to pick up R & A to go to the cookout we were all planning to go to.  I waited on Lane to get home to stay with C, then I went to meet up with them and see the Partens who were in town for Thanksgiving.
Ali, Lianne and Stacy surprised me with a birthday cake there!  So we celebrated again!
Thank you, girls!  I'm blessed to have such wonderful friends!!
Ali took this picture of the kids before I got there--they've all grown so much.  I can't believe Trent and Stacy moved four years ago.  As much as I love getting to see them, it always makes me sad all over again.  These boys all started playing together when they were very small--the summer after they turned one year old, I think!?  Time flies.

1 comments:

Candy said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! :) How SWEET of Rhett--so thoughtful and well planned out! Sorry that Crosby got sick. :( I hope one year we can spend our bdays together! :)