Sunday, September 8, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Trip

Happy 40th Birthday to Lane today!
Labor Day Weekend was fun!  We met my friends Ali, Lianne and Stacy (and their families) in Dallas.  It was great to get to hang out together--I wish we all still lived in the same town.  :(  Saturday night we all went to the Texas Rangers game.  It's such a neat atmosphere at the stadium, but I have to admit that it was pretty hot and humid.  We didn't stay for the whole game. 
Sunday morning our family went to la Madeleine for breakfast.  Lane and I (usually) love going there, but this time it was one of those eating-out experiences that was just way too complicated to be at all enjoyable.  Crosby cried because I ordered him milk instead of juice, Rhett didn't see anything on the menu that he wanted, everyone had to go to the bathroom at least once during the meal (I think C went three times) and he somehow made it inside with his leftover cotton candy from the baseball game and basically ate that for breakfast.
When we parked at the restaurant, there was an elderly man standing on the sidewalk.  He was needing directions so he asked Lane for assistance.  With the help of Google maps, Lane was able to point him to the right road. I thought it was cute how Alexee stood at the lobby window and looked out to see what Lane was doing. 
After breakfast we met up with our friends at the pool, then we all went to the resort's water park.  This is the only picture I took there...it was just too crowded and busy to think about photos!
That evening we all (17 of us!) had dinner at one of the restaurants at the hotel.  Here's the kids' table and Ali's husband trying to help the waiter with drink orders!  
Sweet friends!
These boys have been friends since they were toddlers.
I loved spending time with these girls.  Their friendships are so special to me!  One of my favorite parts of the weekend was sitting out in the hallway talking and laughing after the kids were asleep.  
Vacation is tiring!  :)
Crosby in super-hero mode, jumping from one bed to the other
The kids liked looking at the model trains that circled through the lobby.
(Crosby climbs on everything.)
Monday morning we actually went back to la Madeleine with the whole group.  Things went better for our family that morning...maybe going to be a little earlier helped.
The girls braiding hair
I didn't want breakfast to end because I didn't want it to be time to say good-bye to everyone again.  I'm really glad we were able to spend the holiday weekend together!

0 comments: