Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Life's back to normal

Ahhh, for now we are virus-free around here, and life is back to normal! I was so happy to see Alexee play and eat today...it had only been 5 days, but it was a loooong 5 days. They both went to MDO this morning. I told A's teachers about her being sick and asked them to please call me if she was miserable being there. I had a doctor's appointment though, so I was really hopeful that she'd be fine staying. Her teachers are all so sweet. Mrs. Barb said that they had 4 teachers today, so she'd just sit and hold her if needed--she's wonderful!!! I was out of my appt. in time to pick them up early, so I did, and they said that she'd been just fine. I went by the office to pay dues today and overheard two other moms talking about how terribly ill their children had been. One mom said her little girl had to be hospitalized and she hoped they never had to go through that again. Whatever it was, it was a bad bug...I hope it's out of circulation very soon!

The afternoon was more like usual around here (except Alexee took a 3 hour nap--that's not normal, but I guess she's still trying to regain her energy). Here they are at the bar at lunch time. Alexee was giving Rhett a kiss and telling him a secret. Her secret telling was a new thing. It was so funny to listen to her try to whisper. Rhett and I couldn't keep from laughing because of course we had no idea what she was trying to tell. It was cute though.
Rhett was sweet to look at one of his favorite Curious George books with her. They are going through the alphabet identifying animals/objects.I'm so thankful that this sweet face is happy again!
Here they are watching a cartoon and snacking before A's naptime.
I bought a little wooden valentine at Hobby Lobby for Rhett to paint. He doesn't really like to draw or color very often, but he likes using the paints and paint brushes.
Rhett played outside for a while, even though it was extremely windy today. At least the temperature was decent. Bogart played outside with him, but got muddy and dirty from all the rain we had yesterday. Soooo, we gave B a bath this evening. The kids love giving him baths. They both had cups and were trying very hard to help. I was soaked--so was the floor--by the time we were done, but we got him clean.
Then for the part Alexee really loved: using the hair-dryer on him so he wouldn't get matted up. Bogart didn't think it was nearly as fun as Alexee did:
Fighting over the hair-dryer:
See who won!

11 comments:

The Milams said...

Praying the rest of you successfully bypass the nasty bug. Glad Lexee Lou is better!

Jacquie said...

So glad Alexee is feeling better!! Those two are so cute together - and I love how sweet Rhett is to Alexee! What a great big brother.

(You look like Micaela in that picture! I usually don't see the similarity often, but I can see it in that photo!)

Anonymous said...

Aww! The whispering is so cute! LOL at the doggie bathiing experience. :P

sherry said...

I'm so glad she's feeling better for her sake and your's!

His Doorkeeper said...

So happy that things are getting back to "normal" and Alexee is feeling much better. Love the pictures of giving Bogart a bath! How sweet! Bet you had to mop the floor after all that!!

Andi said...

Loved the bow holders you made for Flo...too precious!!

Have a blessed weekend!

Karen Cleveland said...

Glad Alexee is feeling better--poor girl looked like she did not feel well at all!! How are you feeling? It seems like time is going so quickly--little Crosby will be here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Alexee is feeling better! And that is so cute her whispering to Rhett.

pengellylove said...

Glad to hear that A is feeling better. We missed you at CG. Thanks again for all you are doing for the shower.
Mel

Sharmin said...

I'm glad Alexee is feeling better, we've had sickies around here, too, but we all had something different. I'm the last one and Mom had to take me to the doctor today. She's gone from Lance & Lindsay's to me....I love my mom!

The Keltons said...

Glad Alexee is feeling better and that no one else has caught the bug.