Monday, February 2, 2009

Officially TWO

What JOY this little girl brings to our lives! Happy Birthday, Alexee!

Here she is when she first woke up this morning. We went to her room and sang "Happy Birthday" to her.The kids had MDO this morning. We left a little early to go pick up pink sprinkle doughnuts for Alexee's class for a birthday treat. Here's Rhett, ready to go get doughnut holes for breakfast. I love his sweet smile:
Here they are after school. Alexee's teacher said that she fell out of her seat during snack time and scratched up her nose. :( She'd already bumped her nose the night before when she fell down outside. It was sore this afternoon--she kept pointing to it and saying "nose". :(
Tonight we did our traditional kid-birthday dinner at Purple Cow. Alexee was actually kind-of grumpy and didn't really seem to have fun...
...until the purple ice cream and candle arrived, then she was fine! Here she is blowing out her candle. I was trying to keep her from catching her hair on fire.
Trying to hold up two fingers:
Rhett ordered chocolate ice cream for his dessert.
I love this birthday girl!
She somehow got ice cream on the bottom of her shoe??

When we got home, she opened her gift from us (well, R opened it--she watched from the rocking horse).

9 comments:

Erin said...

Purple Ice Cream!! Yummy!! Hope she had a great Birthday!! My daughter turns 2 in April! I am already planning her party!!

Sharmin said...

Happy birthday, Alexee, I'm glad she enjoyed the purple ice cream!

Jacquie said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Alexee!!

Your kids always have the funniest expressions. And A's dress is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alexee! Her party cake looked so cute! And so did the birthday girl.

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! My little one turned 2 in Dec. It's so hard to believe they've been here 2 years!
Happy Birthday!

We've Got Scents said...

What a beautiful birthday girl! So thankful all of you had such a great time celebrating.
Blessings always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Leigh Ann said...

Those are the cutest little pajamas I have ever seen and the cutest little dress! We did the same thing on EG's b-day...Purple Cow. You can't beat it!

In His Army said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet neice! I love you, Alexee!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Alexee! You are such a beautiful little girl!