I was excited to get to dress Alexee in her new cherry dress for church yesterday. I thought she looked like a little doll! She even left her bow in for a while.
Rhett looked handsome, too. He likes to wear his cowboy boots to church. He got this neat guitar from his Bobba & Grammy at Christmas. He's been making up songs and even singing Alexee good-night songs. He came into her room a few nights ago while I was rocking her and asked if he could sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" to her. I said, "Sure, she'd love that." So he started playing (his version) and singing, then Alexee joined right in. It was cute. He says he's going to take the guitar and play/sing "Our God Reigns" at Mo & Granddad's church next time he's there.
Yesterday afternoon we were invited to a friend's 1st birthday party. It was a really fun firetruck-themed party, and he looked so cute in his smocked firetruck outfit. Here he is checking out his very own cake:
There were firetruck crafts on each table for the kids to work on.
And hot dogs and chips and juice...and yummy cake. Alexee skipped right to the cake.
Rhett liked the cool hats for the kids. He somehow got completely stuck in a chair at one point, but I was talking to someone and not paying attention. I looked over and one of the dads was trying to free Rhett from his chair!
Then last night I went to the store after the kids went to bed. I was exhausted, but I'm so glad I made myself get that task over with. Today was my day to cook for our meal "club", and I made this casserole recipe that I found out about from my friend, Tracie. I also made a Pina Colada Cake. Have you ever made one? They're easy and good (and I don't even really like coconut, but I like this cake for some reason). My Great-Grandmother used to make this.Pina Colada Cake
--1 box white cake mix--bake in 9x13" pan according to box directions
--poke holes all over it once it's done and slightly cooled, then pour one can of cream of coconut over the whole cake.
--Once completely cooled, top with a container of Cool Whip and sweetened, flaked coconut.
--Refrigerate.
I also finished a name painting for C's room this weekend. I can't wait to get his room together. Lane painted the office on Saturday, so we're ready to move furniture. I'll post pictures once everything is where it belongs.



12 comments:
i just love Alexee is that darling "cherry" dress....so cute!
Tell Rhett that we can't wait for him to come up and sing for us in church soon!
I love the sign for Crosby's room...can't wait to see his room!
My Mom always loved that cake you made! She made it often and it was always very moist and delicious!
LOVE the sign you painted for C.
I am making that cake. It sounds delish!
I LOVE Alexee's dress! She does look just like a sweet little doll! Rhett's guitar sounds like fun! :) Thanks for the cake recipe, sounds delicious!!! :) ESP since I'm fasting this am for glucose test. :0 Can't wait to see Crosby's room! :)
I LOVE the top picture! That's precious!
I CANNOT wait until Rhett brings the guitar and a special to church!! I'm always up in the soundbooth while y'all are here and he absolutely makes me smile (and giggle) the whole time he's up there with your Dad.
Alexee's dress and C's sign are so cute.
The painting is cute, the little doll in the cherry dress is precious, the guitar player is very handsome and the recipes sound great! I'll have to try those recipes!
Gretchan
can't wait to see the nursery!!! Love the painting...girl, you should go in business!
mel
I love Crosby's sign! I can't wait to see his room!
A's new dress looks so cute on her. I hope R will play me a tune next time I come up to visit. The pic of him with fireman hat on is great. C's name painting is adorable.
Another Awesome Painting! :) Can't wait for him to be here!!!
Love that painting!!!!!!
Alexee is precious in her dress!!!
If Rhett sings in Flippin......I want to be there!!!!
Just stopping by for the very first time!
Enjoyed all the pics. I, too, am addicted to all things smocked. Oh how I love your children's names. Precious!
Post a Comment