Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day party & pies

We dropped by R's MDO class this morning for the Valentine's Day party. The week started off rough, so I hadn't even planned on taking him, but Alexee's well and he wanted to go so we did. He took a bag of Scooby Doo valentines. Some of the others brought cards & candy tied up with cute ribbon and computer-printed to/from labels, etc. I'm kinda over all that though, and life is much less stressful that way. I was just happy to have remembered to grab the box of Scooby valentines on Wednesday--two whole days early!

Alexee likes to go to R's classroom. She helps herself to markers, paper, toys, snacks, etc. Rhett was sweet about sitting with her.
Her Aunt Kala got her this dress for her birthday--she looked so sweet!This is R and his friend, Thea. He talks about her a lot--she's really cute. She looked at me and said, "Your belly is really big. Is there a baby in there?" I told her that before long Rhett would have a new baby brother (then we can really crash school parties)!
These were the valentine sacks they'd made. Rhett said, "These are so big I could get a giraffe for Valentine's Day."
Mrs. Susan snapped a picture of us:
R & his teacher:
Showing one of his crafts:

******
And it's time once again for the annual Valentine cherry pies. This was my first time to make pie crusts using the new dough mat (don't know the official name of it) that I accidentally received from my sister's Pampered Chef party. It was with my order, and I asked Mic if it belonged to someone else, but it remained a mystery.....sooooo, I decided to keep it. It's the best thing ever--I love it! It's way easier than my small cutting board with a bumpy texture that I've tried to use for pie crusts in the past. It even has circle measurements for making certain size crusts.


Well, the oven timer went off and they smell good...off to try a piece.
Happy Valentine's Day!

10 comments:

pengellylove said...

Cute pics. I love the annual pies... and yes, I am one of those moms that did the computer printed valentines! ha ha I am sure this will probably be my last year for anything custom!!!!

Mel :-)

Jacquie said...

Look at Alexee's sweet little legs!!

That's so funny that Thea asked you that... however, it's not so funny when I've asked someone that -- and they're NOT pregnant!

My Mom used to have one of those "pie mats". It brought back an old memory for me seeing that.

That picture of you and Rhett is SO cute!!

His Doorkeeper said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Those pies look delicious and so sweet to bake them for your family!

Love the pics of Rhett at MDO. i always loved Valentine's Day parties at school...my favorite!

We've Got Scents said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family. I am so thankful all of you are well!
Take care and blessings always,
Kaye

The Milams said...

You will be so happy to know that I was responsible for plates and napkins for the valentines party. How lame!!! I did make up for it with adorable popcorn balls and teddy graham packages!

Anonymous said...

We bought one of those mats at Wal-Mart kind of by accident, but we used it last night when we rolled out the dough for our chicken-pot pie. It was amazing! And so easy! The dough did not stick and it rolled so easy. Yeah for cherry pies on Valentines!

Leigh Ann said...

I love how our boys are so tolerant of their little sisters. :) We also crash parties, and EG pretty much takes over. I have only ever made one homemade pie crust. It seems to me those pre-made Pillsbury work great for me. Ha! You may have just inspired me to try it again though.

Anonymous said...

Love her cute dress!

Kelly said...

I love Alexee's dress.
I read on a blog tonight that someone said if they had a little boy they would like to name him Crosby. ha! :-)

Heather said...

Your heart shaped pies make me smile each year. So glad you all had a fun heart day!!