Tonight Lane and I had the neat opportunity to have dinner at the Governor's Mansion! The banquet was to honor those who just completed the three year residency program at UAMS. It was nice to get to meet some of the people Lane will be working with during his residency (which begins July 1).
All the houses on the street were really pretty and unique. I loved the big magnolia trees in the yards!



Wouldn't it be fun to have a "Grand Hall" in your home!? It was a beautiful place, and the windows looked out over the garden. The Governor greeted guests as they entered this room.


Seal of the State of Arkansas


Graduating residency class
I think six of them are staying in Arkansas for jobs, one is going back to Ft. Worth, Texas, and one is going to Shreveport, LA.

After dinner we walked outside to take a look.




When we arrived for dinner, I was wishing that someone was around to take our picture in front of the building (someone other than the security guard--I didn't think we should ask him). I was glad that we left at the same time as Lane's friend Nathan and his wife so we were able to take pictures for each other by the fountain.





10 comments:
wow- what a nice place! You look stunning!
What an experience and BLUE DRESS!!
Such a fun experience! The mansion is gorgeous, naturally :) And I'm loving your blue dress-- so pretty!
Love your dress, so pretty! What an amazing opportunity! I will admit, I wish ya'll were the ones coming to Shreveport,LA! :) That would be SO fun to live close!
Wow. What a neat opportunity!
Wow -- what an unforgettable evening, and you look stunning!
I wish we could have went. I would've loved to have met you! But on second thought, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to have been seen standing next to you - you did look stunning!!! :)
What a fun evening, you look gorgeous! I love the pictures, congratulations!
Sounds like a great night, and the governor's mansion is beautiful. Good luck to Lane in his residency.
I told you yesterday...great dress, beautiful friend!! What an honor for L.
Post a Comment