Last Thursday we took Rhett and Alexee to Magic Springs (in Hot Springs) for the day. Lane's parents offered to let Crosby spend the day with them, so we really appreciated that! He had a fun time with them and took a great nap in the nice, cool condo. The kids had been looking forward to another amusement park adventure, and I had been looking forward to getting to visit with my blog-friend, Candy, again! Candy and I first met in person a few months ago when she was in town for a conference. That day she mentioned that her family might spend a weekend in Hot Springs this summer, and I told her we go there often so maybe we could meet up again then. I'm so glad it worked out for us to join her and her family at the park--it was great to see her again and fun to have the opportunity to meet her whole family! Thank you, Candy, for letting us be a part of your family vacation--it was a treat! :)

Alexee spotted this mermaid/dolphin right away and wanted to ride it. I felt bad for Rhett because there was already a lady on the animal next to the dolphin, so he looked around and settled on the little cart behind Alexee. I tried to yell and tell him that he could go find another empty space, but he couldn't hear me. I don't think he would have chosen the cart, he was just being a good big brother and sticking close to Alexee, which was sweet of him.



While Lane and Rhett rode a scary up-side-down ride, Alexee and I waited in the shade of this tree and watched them.


While L and R rode another ride, Alexee and I watched a worm "dance" on the pavement. She gathered a few small sticks and a leaf and made this. She asked me, "Is this how you make a bed for a worm?" :)
Rhett was reading the map to see how to get back to the water park to meet up with our friends again.
Alexee & Ella had a good time playing in the pool together. They went down the water slides over and over again, but never seemed to get bored.



I think it's neat that we were born on the exact same day in history, and became friends all these years later!




1 comments:
awww...I loved this post! We had SUCH a fun time with ya'll! I keep thinking how much fun Ella had with Alexee and an amazed at how many times in a row they went down those slides! I can't believe that Lane & Rhett rode that upside down thing-you weren't kidding when you said he could ride anything! I hope Crosby and Everett can meet next time-they will have fun together! R & A are just precious and I loved getting to meet them! Can't wait to see ya'll again! :)
Post a Comment