Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Warm Day, Cool Water

Yesterday after school we opened up the new sprinkler that Rhett received as a birthday gift. It will likely be used a lot this summer!

Crosby wasn't sure about the water spraying him in the face.
After a while, they decided to move on to making water balloons. Rhett filled them up, Alexee handed them to me and I tied them and put them in the buckets (one for each kid). I was also in charge of keeping Crosby from popping them before balloon fight time, which was a difficult assignment!
Love their wet hair, C's one shoe and sweet expression--"Look, I'm as big as Rhett and Alexee!"
Rhett's
Crosby's
Alexee's
Ready-Set-Throw!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

In the last few posts, Rhett's pictures remind me of Kyle. They look a lot alike in some of those pictures.

His Doorkeeper said...

The wonderful childhood memories your kids are going to have of such a fun creative mother!!

Heather said...

Precious post...love the colorful pics of their individual pails!! Also, love how C is holding up his sweet little hands in protest of the water.

Jo Elyn said...

Jamie,
I read your wonderful blog all the time. I was wondering what store did Rhett's sprinkler come from? I am looking for something really neat to take to my nephews this summer when we go to Kentucky. If you would please email me to let me know, I would really appreciate it. Also, is the sprinkelr working well and holding up?
My email address is jlanders60@gmail.com.
Thank you so much.
I am a empty-nest Christian mother, & retired school teacher, who works as an Educational Secretary at First Baptist Amarillo, Texas. I throughly enjoy reading about your precious children.
Thanks again!
Jo Elyn Landers