Spring afternoon with sidewalk chalk

PetSmart is always a fun place to shop


From Alexee--plate she made at MDO

One of the pages in C's MDO yearbook :)
Alexee had been playing with this box (always more fun than a real toy) and wanted to sleep in it--ha! She slept in it for several nights.
The color Lane painted our bathroom--I'm so please with how it turned out!


Trying on cap & gown

Diploma!
Donuts at church on Sunday morning. You can't see Alexee's dress but it has cute hula dancers smocked on it, and Cros wore a Hawaiian shirt that used to be Rhett's. One of my favorite little boys' shirts that we have.
Rhett wasn't in the above pic because that was the weekend he spent the night with his cousins. My sister sent this pic of them before church.
At Barnes & Noble

At the zoo

Rhett's research project on worms

My favorite facts(?):
"Smells like fish"
"Likes shaking his booty"

One day when we visited Rhett at school. They did this without me telling them to. :)

Baseball in the garage
Depressing sight....first sign that they are beginning to clear one of the lots behind us and build on it. I liked the trees.
On a walk with Bogart & Crosby. Bogart is NO fun to take on a walk--he's not good on the leash because he pulls toward home the entire time. He doesn't really like to leave the house except to ride to school or Sonic. He needs the exercise though.
wildflowers I picked during our walk that day

Hydrangeas that I noticed near the library one day--wow, so pretty!

Crosby washing the grass off of his feet

Michael J. Fox is 50!?!?! Surely that's not right?

Running/rolling down the hill as we leave church--they do this every week.

leaving church last weekend
These next few pictures were last weekend at the "Good-Bye" Drop-in/Dessert for one of our teaching pastors and his family. They are moving to California for ministry there, and I am SO VERY SAD to see them go. They've been at our church for 10 years--they came here just a month after Lane and I got married, and I've loved every sermon that Tim has preached. We are blessed to have had them at our church for a decade, and we'll miss them greatly. I'm hoping the church they're going to has online services so I can still hear him preach! There was a long line of people waiting to give them a good-bye hug. 
My friend Connie did the flowers for the event, and they were gorgeous!!! The desserts looked great, too, but Lane and I resisted the urge to have any.

The kids, however, ate lots of sugar from the kids' table.

Good-bye cards/notes for the Lundys

Sweet C helping me put away dishes out of the dishwasher.
I saw this in Martha Stewart Living while I was waiting at my dentist appointment last week. The red poppies reminded me of our garden when I was in high school--we planted poppies around one of the edges and they were so pretty!
Also saw this in Martha's magazine and loved this idea: A library shower for a baby! Wouldn't that be a cute theme for a Sip & See or second baby when the family already has their needed baby gear!? I hope a friend or family member has another baby soon so I can use this idea! :)

Love the book garland!
On the last day of school I took R's teacher a box of cupcakes and the recipe cards that the kids made for her.
I loved the cards done in the kids' handwriting--they were sweet!

This was Rhett's contribution

C is really into puzzles lately, especially the Melissa & Doug magnetic ones. We did a lot of puzzles while Lane, Rhett & Alexee were in H.Springs this weekend.

fun bath time hair-do

Now we are up to date on phone photos!
Have a great weekend!


5 comments:
Oh I wish we could throw that storybook shower for Sherry! She would love that.
Love the shower idea--it seems like all my friends are done having babies. :( You know that I have to tell you these things-we just went to Petsmart yesterday, Ella recently took a nap in a box and we just painted our bathroom too! ha! :) I wish I had that whole box of cupcakes-YUM! :)
Cute shower idea! Wouldn't you just know Rhett would do a "Red Velvet cake" recipe?? Mom must be a good influence!
Great shower idea! I love the picture of Crosby rinsing off his feet with the hose. So cute!!
You know I love your phone photo posts.
LOVE LOVE LOVE your bathroom color... will you share what it is?
Post a Comment