Yesterday we had the pleasure of keeping my friend Gretchan's youngest son for the day. Rhett, Alexee and Crosby all thought it was really fun to have James around. Rhett kept saying funny things like, "Things are going to be really crazy around here with four kids!" Alexee said, "You don't have to worry about keeping up with him because I'll take care of him." :) For some reason she had the hardest time remembering his name though! I kept telling her that it sounds almost like my name, only without the "ie" on the end. She'd say okay, then a few minutes later she'd ask, "What's the baby's name again?" And sometimes she called him Carson. My cousin's baby's name is Karson, so maybe she was thinking of him because she saw him recently??
James was honestly no trouble at all--he was SO good and SO sweet. He never cried, and he just played with toys and took a long nap in the Pack & Play. He didn't even cry when I put him down for a nap even though he was in a new place. He and Crosby napped at the same time (in different rooms)--C slept for 2 1/4 hrs and J slept for 2 1/2 hrs. He might have slept longer, but I think C cracked the bedroom door open to check on him while I was getting Goldfish out of the pantry.
Crosby and James are about 5 months apart in age.
C was trying to give him a hug...

...but I'm not sure if he wanted to be hugged at that time. :)

This cracks me up of Alexee. She was in helper-mode all day yesterday.


She liked that their outfits kind of matched. She said several times that he had on a cute outfit.

James would say "cheeeese" when he saw I had the camera.


They had fun riding the little cars around in circles.



Alexee and Crosby fought over who got to sit in the chair next to our guest, so I moved Alexee to the end so they'd both be by him and Rhett would be across from him.

While we really enjoyed having James with us for the day, I wish it had been under happier circumstances. While James was here, Gretchan attended the memorial service for a
dear friend of their family. I can't stop thinking about this family and the loss they've experienced--my heart just breaks for them. Please keep them in your prayers during this very very difficult time.
2 comments:
Thank you so much for posting those pictures! I loved reading that! James obviously had a great time! Thanks most of all for keeping him!
Gretchan
He is adorable...I thought A was so cute with him!!
Post a Comment