We had good Fourth with L's family in Hot Springs. Lane had the 2nd-4th off, so we went over on Tuesday and spent the night. He'd planned to leave early to go play golf with his Dad, but unfortunately that didn't work out because my car battery was completely dead that morning. I felt so bad that it interfered with his day off. Monday evening Rose Mary made a delicious dinner, and Lance, Jennifer and Katie came over to eat with us.
I tried a new (Pinterest) dessert for the holiday:
Wednesday morning we took the kids swimming for a little while before lunch. Lance, Jennifer, Katie and Jennifer's parents came over to grill burgers. We also had chips and dip, shrimp, slaw, macaroni salad and baked beans--a perfect 4th of July meal!
Jennifer's parents
Pool + bounce house, which Crosby loved even more than the pool
Lane in the shade

Bob & Rose Mary
Alexee playing with Katie's old dollhouse
Blowing bubbles and shooting water guns
view from the deck
Alexee and Crosby in their red, white & blue. I wish I'd called Rhett outside for a picture.
Bob & Lance at the grill.
R & A enjoying the appetizers.
Grammy & Granddaughters
It was a fun day! Due to extremely dry conditions and burn-bans across the state, we did not see (or even hear) a single firework last night. We need rain! Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday.













1 comments:
I love the red, white & blue dessert! YUM!
Post a Comment