The kids and I made another trip to Flippin last week. Sadly, school will start back in just four weeks which means we won't have the flexibility to go as often. It's always fun there--we always enjoy being with my parents and grandparents, BUT it was so hot and dry that playing outside was a little rough this time. Arkansas needs rain in a big way.
summer sky and hay bales
Thursday evening we went to the cabin with the hopes of letting the kids go fishing, but just as we got there we realized the water level was rising so it wasn't safe. Maybe next time.
Dad showing Rhett how to tie the sinker on
We did enjoy our picnic dinner though!
Yum!
There are train tracks right across the river. When we heard the train coming, the kids all went out to watch it. I love the view from the porch.
Alexee took one of the kittens with her to play with.
This picture doesn't begin to capture it, but the sky was amazing that night.
They like to feed Banner and brush him and sit on him while he eats. I think he enjoys the attention.
We celebrated Mom's birthday a few days late:
And they cooled off by splashing in the edge of the river one evening.
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24
Psalm 118:24














1 comments:
So pretty! I love Alexee's take on things!
Post a Comment