Friday, July 13, 2012

Paint, Pizza & Play

Today was our turn to host the Kindergarten playgroup, and Alexee has been SO excited to have everyone over!  She couldn't wait for 3:00 to arrive!  We had eight sweet little girls, and I think they all had a good time.  They painted, made fruit pizzas and then some played princess dress-up while others played with horses.  
I got the idea for fruit pizzas from a great blog I recently discovered called My Heart's Desire.  I thought it might be fun to make individual pizzas for the girls and let them add the icing and fruit. Alexee and I made the sugar cookie "crusts" earlier in the day.  The cookies expanded even more than I expected--I should have made them smaller!  I also made Princess Punch (Pinterest), and I liked it, but I honestly think the girls would have been happier with plain orange juice or something like that--a few of them politely asked for ice water.  :)
Making their pizzas
     
They are just five short weeks away from starting school...which I'm still having a hard time with! :(
 These five played princess dress up--Disney would be proud!
Tinkerbell, Ariel, Aurora, Repunzel and Belle
 While three of the girls played with horses in Alexee's room.
They each painted their initial.  They seemed to be most excited about the glow-in-the-dark paint that they used for the dots.  Alexee was anxious to see if it worked tonight, and it did!

While the girls played, Jennifer was sweet to have Rhett hang out with Nate, and Emily had Crosby over to play with Cole.  I loved these pictures that Emily sent me of the boys playing firefighters.  She said that Crosby had a lot of fun and didn't want to leave.  I think it's SO cute how Cole has his arm around Crosby's shoulder in the middle picture.  This might have been C's first time to play at a friend's house without me!??!  I'm so glad the boys had fun this afternoon too!  Friends are a blessing.

0 comments: