Monday, July 16, 2012

Burlap Wreath

Over the weekend I got in a crafty mood and decided to get rid of a bag of burlap scraps that I couldn't make myself throw away.  I'd seen cute wreaths on Pinterest so I thought I'd see what I could make out of a wire hanger, scraps and a cute wooden monogram that Heather gave me a while back!  These pictures are dark, but here's the idea:

Bend the hanger into sort-of a circle
Cut scraps into strips
Then tie them around the frame and push them close together

I painted the wooden "L G J", tied it on with fishing line and added a ribbon at the top. (I don't love this ribbon, but it's what I had at the time--I might replace it.)
A new decoration to hang on the armoire in the dining room...at very little cost!

1 comments:

Tonya said...

Super Cute!!! I love those wooden monograms and need to do something with mine!!!