Have you seen Jen Hatmaker's "Worst End of School Year Mom Ever" link on FB? It is hilarious and so true--made me laugh! As she put it, we definitely "limped across the finish line", but we made it. (Amazingly enough, I only forgot to pay for one field trip...and I didn't forget to go to any year-end parties, assemblies, presentations, art shows, etc...at least that I'm aware of?!) Yesterday was the (unofficial) last day of school for Rhett and Alexee, and we're so excited!
The K class collected money for a group gift for Mrs. D, and Crosby and I stopped by the classroom to deliver it yesterday. What a blessing she has been to our kids this year. I found a cute printable tag (Pinterest) for a summer/beach themed gift, so we went with that. Inside the beach bag was a spa gift certificate, Sonic card, coconut candle, beach towel, etc. I also bound a little photo/coloring book from the kids using this form. The kids were all excited to see her open it and look through the pages they'd done for her. They had such a fun-filled year and learned so much.
Group Hug! :)
I didn't plan it, but A wore the same outfit on the last day as she did on the first...which makes for a good comparison pic! She looks so much older to me. I showed Alexee these pictures after school yesterday and she said, "Oh, I miss her already!" She said that she was going to miss her friends too, but I promised her that we'd have some of the girls over to play during the summer.
Loved this picture of A and sweet friends from another class.
After visiting the K classroom, Crosby and I went upstairs for Rhett's photo story and poetry presentation. (I think Crosby might be happiest of everyone that school is out...poor kid has had to go to SO MANY events that he had absolutely no interest in! He's always a trooper, but I'm glad he gets a break too!)
Each student chose a different animal for their slide-show/report, and Rhett chose the bald eagle. I thought he did an excellent job. I'm amazed at how comfortable all the kids are speaking in front of a group.
They have also been learning about different types of poetry. Rhett read his Fireworks poem. I loved it! I'm going to get patriotic paper to print it on for a 4th of July decoration.
C was really good. He found things to look at, and periodically came over to whisper to me, "When can we go home?" We left quietly after Rhett's presentation, so I didn't have a chance to take a last day photo of him and Mrs. C.
We went back at 1:30 that afternoon for the Kids with Character program. Alexee and her friend/classmate, Avaleigh, received the monthly award for good citizenship. We're proud of you, Alexee!












1 comments:
It's amazing how much growth kids have in Kindergarten! Enjoy your summer!
Post a Comment