June 2-8
Beach Vacation in Gulf Shores, Alabama
***
It was a loooong drive, but so worth it! We left home at 7:30a and made it to the beach house at 5:00p. We were all ready to get out of the crowded car, see our friends, check out the house and hurry to the beach!
![]() |
| (Love the pic Crosby took of himself--how cute is he in flip-flops!) :) |
Alexee and Rhett had not seen the ocean since 2008. They all jumped into the waves in their regular clothes!
Candy and her family arrived shortly after us. It was so good to see them again! We all played at the beach for just a little while, then drove back into Gulf Shores for dinner (our rental was in Ft. Morgan, about 15 miles from all the shopping/restaurants). It was getting late and we were all tired from the day of travel. We decided on Mellow Mushroom, which was really good. I'd never eaten there before, and now I'm happy that one is opening in our town! We all went straight to bed when we got home...looking forward to a fun week ahead.
***
The house was great. It was so convenient being right on the beach, and the view was just beautiful.

The water was calm the first day. We saw several manta rays (? really not sure what they were, but that's what someone told us) and even one SHARK. I love to look at the ocean--I could sit and watch it for days and days, but I'm honestly not crazy about swimming with sea creatures. Especially sharks. We enjoyed beautiful weather every day, but Tropical Storm Andrea did cause the waves to be much rougher later in the week. We stayed out of the water then of course.
![]() |
| Tim & Lane pointing out something swimming in the water. |
![]() |
| You can barely see it, but this bucket has a jelly fish in it! Another reason I 'd rather just LOOK at the ocean. |
![]() |
| The Spanish moss was so pretty on the trees |
Candy and I thougt this would be a good night to do family pictures on the beach. For us, I'm not sure it's ever a good time to do family pictures. Are we the only ones that always end up in a fight? I just can't seem to ever have everyone in a picture-taking mood, but I keep trying. Alexee and Rhett were actually cooperative this time...Crosby not so much. He had been crying in these photos, but they're far enough away that maybe it doesn't look like it? Ha!
This was May 2008
Rhett was the same age that Crosby is now...and I barely remember Alexee being this small!? They're growing up TOO FAST.
Sweet smiles from Alexee!
Alexee, Ella, Everett, Ethan, Rhett & Crosby (soaked and silly)
The Joyce Family--so happy to know them!
(I've been looking forward to this trip since Christmas. I'm sad that it's over.) :(
Joyce Family & Garner Family
June 2013
I'm extremely thankful for healthy children and the opportunity we had to spend time together at such a beautiful place last week.


























2 comments:
Looks like a good time was had by all! Your family pictures were great. Your family is growing up Jamie!
LOVE!!! Can we go back, like right now? SUCH a fun week!!! We loved being at the beach with ya'll. :)
Post a Comment