After church on Sunday Crosby asked if I'd take his picture. :) I'm always trying to get them to cooperate for photos so this was a nice change.
Then everyone wanted a turn to be the photographer...
The boys were really needing haircuts--glad they had appointments yesterday. I think it's cute that C says he has to "take a haircut". Before we went yesterday he got a lunchbox out of the pantry and packed himself a container of yogurt, a spoon and an ice pack. I guess he thought we'd be there long enough that he'd get hungry. :)
Lane worked Sunday night so we ate an early dinner with him then I took the kids to the pool for an evening swim. I thought it was a great time to go because we didn't have to use sunscreen, and the pool wasn't crowded! We'll have to do that again.
Rhett decided he was going to swim laps for exercise every time we go to the pool this summer. He did 6.5 laps that night and 7 laps today. He said he thought he should increase his number by .5 each time. I love this serious, analytical boy!
*****
If you are not a "dog person" (or maybe even if you are-ha!) then you'll probably think this is totally silly, but yesterday was Bogart's 10th Birthday, so we celebrated! :) He is definitely a special part of our family.
He had a can of food for breakfast instead of the usual low-fat dry food.
The kids made a few decorations for him. :) R & C made a paper chain, and A made a giant card and drew a picture of our family. He slept beside them while they worked.
The card Alexee made and had everyone sign:
He got a variety of new treats
And he got to eat his favorite: ICE CREAM
(We all ate ice cream too)















3 comments:
So cute! I think teaching your children to celebrate the special "people" and dogs in their lives is a wonderful lesson. My daughter and her 3 boys have a precious doggie that just had her 3rd birthday complete with a doggie bakery cupcake! : )
You can see pix on her blog:
www.gatorfamilytales03.blogspot.com
Have a great summer, your family is darling!
Rebecca
I LOVE that C packed himself a snack for their appointment. And Rhett continues to bless my heart with the ways he takes me back to my days of raising Kale. So fun for me!! (I cannot wait to see what he grows up to "be".)
LOVE this!!! Sweet Rhett-tell him I've been trying to swim laps for exercise too. I don't think I do quite as many as him though! :0 Ya'll are so sweet celebrating Bogart's big day! :) I miss your kids! I say next summer, we go to the beach for 2 weeks! lol! ;)
Post a Comment