Thursday, December 31, 2015

Disney: Day 3 at Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom Day

We planned our trip for this particular week because it was supposedly a time when attendance was expected to be lower.  I can't say that it actually seemed that way as we were shuffling around, dodging strollers and scooters (Alexee got hit by a lady on a scooter once in the Town Square), but at least it wasn't hot and humid!  We had the best weather--it was so nice every day!
The PhotoPass definitely came in handy at Magic Kingdom.  I wish I'd planned ahead and bought matching Mickey t-shirts or something for this day, but at least we looked like loyal Razorback fans.  One of the photographers noticed the boys' shirts and told us he was from Cabot, AR.  It's a small world after all!
This is one of my favorites! 
We all had Fast-Passes to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.  It took some major convincing (by Lane) to get Alexee and Crosby on it, but once they finally did it they both thought it was great.  We rode it again later on, and they enjoyed it much more the second time because they weren't nervous.

Crosby sat with Lane on the first Mine Train trip.  I rode with Alexee, and Rhett sat by himself.  Rhett has always been able to ride any kind of roller coaster without a problem--I don't understand it!  
We enjoyed the Festival of Fantasy parade!
And we met Tinker Bell and Aurora.
The boys did Haunted Mansion.
Crosby drove us around Tomorrowland Speedway, but he didn't like the steering wheels--they would barely let you turn!
The Sword in the Stone
We had lunch reservations at Be Our Guest, the neat restaurant inside Beast's Enchanted Castle.  
We were seated in the West Wing Study, where we could see the enchanted rose and watch the portrait change to the face of the Beast when it thundered.  The Grand Ballroom was also neat--it looked like snowy mountains through those tall windows.
We rode It's a Small World a few times.
And Alexee and I had another chance to say hello to Mickey while the boys were riding a ride.
Journey of the Little Mermaid
L & R rode Splash Mountain
I rode the Regal Carrousel with A & C
And we all liked Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin 
We got an update from home:  Bogart is having a good week.  He is making himself comfortable by the fire at night.
That night we had dinner at T-Rex at Disney Springs.  We sat in the ice cave/room and every so often there was a meteor shower with rumbling and fiery explosions.  As their website says, it was a "roaring good time"!

1 comments:

Claire said...

What lovely pictures! I'd love to visit Disney one day.