Friday, February 22, 2008

Random Things

Tagged by His Doorkeeper...here are my 7 random things (and they're very random...for some reason I had a really hard time thinking of ANYTHING to write!?):

1. A really embarrassing moment was when I fell in the dust during P.E. in the 3rd grade. I had on (what I thought was) a cute new outfit of black jeans and a hot pink and black checkered button down shirt. I've never been one bit athletic, so I always HATED every P.E. class I've ever been forced to participate in. So we were playing kick-ball outside in the fall (it was too hot to be wearing my new outfit, but I was excited about fall clothes), and I was running when someone kicked the ball back at me and it went right between my feet. I fell face first in the dust, and when I stood up, my black jeans were covered in dust and I had dust in my mouth. Everyone was silent, and I was trying not to cry. My teacher told me I could leave and go up to the classroom and clean up.

2. Since I have no athletic ability, my hobbies have always been more on the artistic side...I love to paint (I took art lessons from 2nd grade to 12th grade I think. Oil paints are really my favorite, but not practical these days). I like to scrapbook and sew and bake (I used to like to cook, but I think for now I'm going to revise that to "bake" because making meals is just more of a chore in this season of life). But I do love to bake sweets...and eat them. We pretty much always have homemade cookies or a cake or brownies, etc. at our house. It's nice to have a good dessert after eating a microwave pizza or microwave popcorn! :)

3. I don't really like to shop for clothes. I always leave the store depressed about either a) the way the clothes look on me or 2) how much everything costs...or both. I don't mind shopping for shoes because I always wear the same size.

4. I do love to shop for little "stuff" like stationery, candles, home decor, kids' clothes, seasonal/holiday decorations, fabric, scrapbook paper, etc. I can spend $5 on cute note cards or decorative Easter napkins at Target and come home really happy.

5. I like Harley Davidson motorcycles. I've always thought motorcycles are really neat, and my Dad bought Harley when I was in college. We went on lots of rides and had a great time. He rode to Arkadelphia to visit me in college and we went to Hot Springs, etc. I was terrified to learn to ride (drive) it myself, but I wanted to. So one afternoon Dad & I went out on the bike, and he told me we weren't going home until I drove it! So I did. (It's really heavy.) But I haven't been on the motorcycle in a really long time because of Rhett and Alexee. I know accidents can happen any time/any place, but with kids I just can't bring myself to ride now--it just seems too risky. The other drivers on the road are just so careless! (I trusted Dad 210%). He's talked about selling it, but I hope he doesn't--it would make me sad because it has such great memories to go with it.

6. My college degree is in accounting. I don't really know why other than I planned to go into business, and I liked my Freshman principles of accounting class. Debits and Credits seemed "fun", so I moved forward with that degree. I worked for two different public accounting firms doing audits (and some tax work) for 3 years, then worked in private accounting for our church for a year (I loved that job!). I'm glad I went the accounting route because that is how Lane & I met (at the first accounting firm I worked for)...but that's another post, another day.

7. I like doing laundry. I don't like ironing it, but I like the sorting, washing, moving to the dryer, hearing the dryer bell ring, and folding the nice clean clothes. I like to try new scents of detergent and fabric softener...this makes the laundry process a little more exciting. Right now I'm loving Tide with baking soda and white lilac (I think that's what it's called) and the orange bottle of Snuggle (I don't remember the scent, but it's a good one). Household chores that I DON'T like include.............well, everything else I guess. :) Once upon a time, I kept my apartment really clean and organized and neat. But that was when I lived alone. That seems like an impossible task now.

I'd like to tag:
Heather
Flo
Lisa
Darcy
MK (have you done this already...I know you hate having to do them again--ha!) :)
Ashley P.

4 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

OOHHHHH I absolutely loathe your #7! But at least you are giving me a good attitude to have about laundry....maybe I'll try to perk mine up with some new scents. But still....putting the clothes away is still such a chore to me! thanks for the tag!

His Doorkeeper said...

I am very much like you on #4. I love to get a little seasonal something that has just come in the store and whether it's .99 or $9.99, I'm happy!

I can see you go whizzing by on the Harley with Easter napkins in your back pocket with a big smile on your face! har har

Loved your random facts! Thanks for sharing!

The Milams said...

I am thinking very seriously about our friendship....I can't believe you like to do laundry. Well, maybe we can still be friends...I'll have you several loads waiting when you get here on Tuesday!!

Heather said...

I will post my randomness soon..with you on the sparkle in my eye visibly seen after I make a fun purchase!! I remember how much fun you had on Harley rides with your sweet dad. I have several pics from day trips you went on.