Does your kitchen ever look like this? I don't know how toy manufacturers continue to sell toys...everyone knows that kids prefer cardboard boxes and old Cool Whip containers. We left the house this morning with it looking just like this. No one cleaned it up while we were gone...I finally put it away while she sat in her high chair eating dinner. The drawer will be unpacked again by 8 a.m. tomorrow. :)

We made a quick trip out to my friend Connie's house this morning. She and her husband were our Bible study leaders for two years. They've built a beautiful home in the country, and it is such a relaxing place to visit. We had some dishes to return to her, so it gave us a good excuse to go by and say hello. She had a new container of sidewalk chalk that Rhett enjoyed, then he helped her water her plants. She also has two big dogs (labs) that were entertaining for the kids. 
We needed a break from peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, so we met my friend, Ali, and her cute kiddos at a restaurant for lunch. I tried a new pizza that had chicken, feta cheese, artichoke hearts and almonds on it...it was delicious...can't wait to eat the leftovers tonight!
Alexee didn't take a very long nap this afternoon, so we went to the swimming pool early to play for a while before R's swim lesson. I'm tired tonight.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


3 comments:
Jamie - I'm glad to see someone else's kitchen look like mine. Lindsey pulls out so much stuff all over the house. I had forgotten what toddlers can get into. It's fun to see them explore, but wow, does it make a mess.
Schäfer would love to come and play in your drawer. I think he finds ours a little boring these days.
Yes, my kitchen looks like that A LOT! That pizza sounded yummy! I can always tell when it's getting close to the end of the week...I'm tired too!
Post a Comment