Oh wow--I've never been given a "blog award" before...thank you SO much, Leigh Ann! :) Leigh Ann is a friend of a friend, and I started reading her blog not long ago. I've so enjoyed getting to know her family, and I even had the privilege of meeting her in person at a restaurant recently--it was so exciting! Leigh Ann called this the "Make My Day" award, and I'd like to pass it along to a few (of the many) blogs that I find inspirational:
Amy...is a friend of mine from college, and we also worked together at an accounting firm after college. I also worked with her husband, and they are a wonderful, sweet couple. They have such a heart for the Lord and a deep passion for children and adoption. They have one precious biological daughter, one precious adopted daughter and they are in the process of another international adoption. I wish I could be more like her! She is a wonderful Mom and a dear friend!
Flo...is another friend of a friend from Texas. I think she is such a great writer--I love reading her posts. She's a strong, Christian wife, mother, teacher, etc. It seems like she can do it all! I've met her in person a few times through my friend, Heather, and it has been fun to get to know her better through her blog. She recently announced on her blog that they are expecting their second child, and I'm so happy for them!
Mary Katherine...her blog makes me smile every time I look at it. She's one of the funniest people I know! It's such a great way to stay in touch...I am still not over the fact that she moved away--I miss her and her two boys SO much. I love seeing pictures of their family, watching the boys grow and hearing tales of country life (which I also miss a lot...I grew up in a small town, doing the things that her boys are getting to do now, and it brings back happy memories of my childhood).
Heather...another dear, long distance, Texan friend. Heather and I only lived in the same town for one semester, then she transferred to Texas Tech, but a semester is all it took for us to establish a life-long bond. I'm so thankful that our friendship has grown over the years (we met in 1999!) I was super excited for her to start a blog so that I can see her little boy grow up and keep up with her sweet family.
There are so many blogs that I love to read--all of those listed on my "daily read" list make me smile and bring me happiness.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


6 comments:
Yeah! Wasn't that fun! A day doesn't go by where I don't get a peek at those cutie pies of yours, A & R.
Awww...thanks! You deserve the "Make My Day Award" because your posts always make me want to do more/find more interesting things to do for my kiddo! Congrats!
Yes, you do deserve the "make my day award". Your blog is full of ideas and great stuff for other mommies to use. And it inspires me to take the time to be a better blogger. I promise to do my beach posts as soon as we get back from Houston.
Your blog is one of my VERY favorites of COURSE!!!!! I can't tell you how much I love that you blog so I feel like I keep up with you and know you and I can watch R&A grow!!!
An award? For me?? That's just crazy talk! I don't even have an acceptance speech prepared!
You "Make my Day" every time we talk or every time I read your blog (or get a card in the mail!)
Love you!
Hey Jamie, I am just catching up on my blog reading and saw this one, you are just too sweet. Thanks for thinking of me :o)
You defintely "make my day" too! I love reading your blog and seeing pics of your precious little ones!
Post a Comment