Friday the kids and I met a friend at the park and had a really nice time visiting with her and her two precious little boys. (She sews all sorts of fun things--check out her new website!) It was a beautiful day, and we enjoyed playing outside and having a picnic lunch. Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches always taste better outside for some reason! Alexee chose this dress specifically for the pockets. She thought they'd be useful for treasures found in the park. We weren't there long before she had them filled with sparkle rocks.
When they got tired of climbing and swinging, they examined the sap on a pine tree.I wish I'd taken more pictures, but here's part of our group eating lunch.
Friday afternoon Alexee had Kindergarten playgroup at Kylie's house. Kylie and her mom were so sweet to host a really fun tea party/cupcake & hat decorating party for the girls. Alexee had a blast! I asked her what her favorite part was and she said, "Having so many friends together in one place to play with." She didn't want to leave.
Kylie made this cute sign for her front door. :)
(Thanks for sharing these cute pictures from the party, Emily!)
Modeling their fun hats
(made from a paper plate and paper bowl and decorated with tissue paper flowers)
Meanwhile, Rhett and Bogart watched a few cartoons and Crosby took a nice nap.
Friday evening I took Rhett to meet my sister so he could spend the night with her and go to a kids' triathlon training session with Jaiden on Saturday morning. Jaiden was already planning to participate, and she invited Rhett to join her. The actual event is in August, and Saturday was the first of several training days. Micaela said R & J did great! I think it will be such a neat thing for them to do together! Friday night they made tie-dyed t-shirts (Rhett made one for Crosby and Jaiden made one for Alexee, too.) I told M that she's definitely the cool, fun aunt and that I'm sorry I'm such a boring aunt! :)
Here are a few pictures M sent me from their training:
Jaiden adjusting her bike helmet
They practiced their laps, and an instructor taught them them the importance of streamline form (I think that's what it's called??)
I thought this was such a sweet picture of them together. He really had a good time--he loves spending time with Jaiden.

















2 comments:
Oh how fun to do a triathlon! And those hats are such a cute idea for little girls to do.
LOVE the hats and that those sweet kiddos are having such fun playdates before they start Kindergarten together! :) Rhett is my hero--how awesome that he is doing a Triathlon with his cousin--love it!
Post a Comment