Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Zoo & Baseball

Last weekend was fun.  Lane didn't work Saturday or Sunday, so we took the kids to the zoo Saturday morning.  Saturday night I went to dinner with Ali and Lianne to celebrate Lianne's birthday.  We ate at Cantina Laredo and had a great time catching up (I never seem to remember to take pictures when the kids aren't around)!

At the zoo:
We always like looking at the penguins.
The otters are really playful and cute.
Crosby touched a milk snake.  I tried, but couldn't make myself do it.
They love riding the carousel.
We attended one of the zoo shows, which we'd never done before.  They brought out several animals, including a bald eagle and an owl.
We hung out at home Sunday after church, then that evening we went downtown for the Travelers baseball game.  It was hot, but our seats were in the shade so it wasn't too bad.  The kids ate pizza and cotton candy and drank Fanta, then they were kind-of ready to move on. At least Crosby and Alexee were.  Rhett did watch the game and kept track of the score.  We left early, but I thought it was a fun night out!

3 comments:

Ryan V. said...

I love zoos! We want to get the annual pass to the phoenix zoo but it is just tooooo hot for like 8 months of the year! Love Crosby's little sailboat shorts. Those are TOO cute!

Tonya said...

Fun family weekend!!! I hope your sweet family has a wonderful summer!
I would love to know what site you use now for editing pics & collages if you wouldn't mind sharing?!? I hate Picnik went away!

Claire said...

Oh, what fun! I love reading of y'all's adventures!