Saturday, December 22, 2012

Community Group Party

We had a fun night hosting our Community Group Christmas party last Wednesday.  We had a potluck dinner with honeybaked ham and turkey, broccoli casserole, green bean bundles, salad and bread.  I made a Red Velvet Cake for dessert.

It was a huge help having Jillian here to hang out with Rhett, Alexee and Crosby.  She came over a little bit early and had gifts for the kids, and they had a gift for her to open too.  We all love Jillian (and her husband, Kyle)!  They are truly such a blessing to our family!
She wrote a sweet card for each child, "Five reasons why I love ______"
Guys' table
Girls' table
Cake
We were all supposed to wear ugly Christmas attire, but when I went shopping for a "festive" sweater I realized that ugly doesn't necessarily mean cheap!  I just couldn't bring myself to pay much for one, so I went with a (cheesy) Santa sweatshirt.  :)  You know, it's actually super soft and I think I'll keep wearing it around the house!  :)
Holly (in Christmas PJs!), Leigh Ann, Mitzi and Emily looking very stylish!
There was a vote for best-dressed, and it really came down to Ben (Holly's husband who also wore footed Christmas PJs) and Whit who wore the green and navy plaid suit.  So funny!
Emily reading the votes, Survivor style
2 votes Whit, 2 votes Ben
And the award goes to...Whit!
acceptance speech
His wife, Mitzi, was so proud!  :)
group photo--with very bad lighting
(We missed Jan and Nathan)
Great group!

0 comments: