We tried to take advantage of the cooler temperatures last week. It was so nice. I'd be fine with 80 degrees (or less) all summer! Monday morning Rhett and I pulled weeds from the flower beds while the A & C made a tent with the patio chairs.
That afternoon we made star-shaped sugar cookies with red, white and blue icing.
(Made my day when I found this note stuck in the pages of the cookbook.) :)
July 1 was a big milestone for Lane and for our family. I took the usual "First Day" (of med school/residency) photo on the front steps, but the exciting thing is that this was the LAST "first day" photo. He is now in his third and final year of the Emergency Medicine residency program with graduation only 10 MONTHS away!
Rhett was a baby when Lane went back to school to finish the pre-requisites for medical school. It seemed like it would be such a long journey. Now, looking back, I'm amazed at how fast it all went.
2007--Yr 1 School, Alexee was 6 months old and Rhett was 3 yrs.
2008--Yr 2 School
2009--Yr 3 School, Crosby was tiny and Rhett was starting Kindergarten
2010--Yr 4 of school
2011-2013--Yrs 1-3 of Residency
We're proud of you, L!!
Tuesday morning Alexee and Crosby had been invited to play at Kylie & Cole's house so Rhett and I had a little time together, just the two of us. I asked him what he'd like to do and he said he wanted to go eat breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. We had a good time! There was a little girl eating with (what I assumed to be) her grandparents at the table next to us, and the girl was talking to the man about technology. I could tell Rhett was tuned in to their conversation, and he kind-of smiled and whispered, "she's trying to explain FaceTime to him". I think he would have loved to pull up a chair and explain it to him in more detailed, technical terms.
One afternoon my sister, niece and nephew met us at the pool. The water was actually a little bit chilly because of the cooler weather, but they had fun anyway! They always love spending time together. For some reason I didn't pack any drinks or snacks, and the pool always makes the kids hungry and thirsty. Luckily Micaela had two packages of peanut butter crackers in her car so they split those five ways. I know better than to leave home without snacks!











1 comments:
Congratulations to Lane! To you it seems like a long time but it seems as if the time has flown as I think how fast your children have grown up! Love the year by year pictures!
Post a Comment