Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Berry Farm Fun

We started June with a trip to the blueberry farm.  This was our second year to go, so I will just go ahead and call it a tradition.  :)  It's such a pretty, peaceful place.  We had thunder muffins for breakfast in their restaurant before picking berries.  
We had two buckets.  Alexee and Rhett filled one, Crosby and I filled the other for a total of 11 pounds of blueberries. 
Not all areas were open for picking because some of the berries weren't quite ripe, but it was no problem finding enough ripe ones to fill the buckets.  And I love that blueberry bushes don't have stickers.  That makes them much easier to pick that blackberries!
The Queen Anne's Lace was also really pretty in the field.  
Enjoyed the morning with these sweeties!
Weighing the blueberries in the store.
Before we left the kids shared a blueberry milkshake.  Yum!
Great morning, great start to summer!

0 comments: