Tuesday, June 28, 2016

VBS Week: Submerged

VBS week in Flippin is always a fun time!  It was June 20-24th this year, and Father's Day was the 19th so we made Lane a Father's Day taco dinner and strawberry pie before leaving town for VBS.  We are very grateful for these special guys on Father's Day (and every day!):  Lane, his Dad, my Dad and my Grandad!  They are all great leaders and love our family so well.  
Annual first day of Vacation Bible School photo on the front steps
Rhett & Jaiden, age 12 
(they were volunteer helpers this year)
Jeryn & Alexee, age 9
Crosby, age 7
The theme this year was "Submerged", a deep sea curriculum.  The verse of the week was "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me, and know my concerns.  See if there is any offensive way within me; Lead me in the everlasting way." -Psalm 139:23-24
One day Dad and I went fishing.  I love going early in the day when there is still fog on the river.  We caught several fish, and had the best time!
One afternoon we all went to the cabin.  The kids played in the water for hours, and we grilled hot dogs and hamburgers that evening.
Catching crawdads
I think they called this "Moss Wars".
The inner tubes are even great on land!
Messy-but-tasty S'MORES!
Wednesday afternoon Mom and I took the kids swimming at my aunt's house.  This was the noodle race:
My sister arrived Wednesday evening, and Mom and I had a few baby gifts for her.  We were excited to see her open them.  Our new nephew/cousin is due late July...we can't wait to meet him!  Alexee and I had so much fun shopping for baby clothes for him.  :)
With Micaela and Baby J :)
I came back home Thursday afternoon, and Lane and I went out for an early 15th anniversary dinner at Level 2 Steakhouse that night.  Fifteen years--that doesn't seem possible!
Mom and Mic sent me a few pictures from Thursday evening.  Such a fun time!
Crosby's class on the left, Alexee & Jeryn's on the right
(Rhett helped in Alexee & Jeryn's class, and Jaiden helped in Crosby's)
Everyone had a great time!  We're always so thankful for those who help make it such an awesome week full of fun and learning.  It was a special week, and many sweet memories were made.
I met Dad in Harrison on Friday to get the kids.  We ate lunch there and came back home to pack Alexee's trunk for Kanakuk...she was leaving the next day!!  It has been an exciting June!  We also celebrated Bogart's 13th birthday with an ice cream and dog treat sundae.  Bogart is a teenager! :)
SaveSave

0 comments: