The snow has melted off the roads now, but our yard is still white. These pictures were made earlier this week before Rhett went back to school.
I like this picture of Lane and the kids. They had been rebuilding our snowman. They came in for hot chocolate soon after this photo.
Snow days produce a LOT of extra laundry! This is what it looked like beside the garage door for most of the week. I'm ready for warm days when the coats/scarves/gloves are stored neatly in the closet and the kids are able to dress in shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops!
On one of the snow days, I made 15 bean soup and cornbread. I'd never made beans before, but I thought they were good--perfect for a wintery day. Here are the 15 colorful beans, before soaking.
Almost ready...

Rhett and our neighbor playing in a snow fort:
These are difficult to see, but I wanted to document Alexee's mouse drawings. For some reason this is her favorite thing to draw! Below are four mouse pictures that she did yesterday. If you look closely you can see their eyes and long tails. :) I'm so happy that she likes to draw.
She said this one is asleep. (Eyes on the left, long tail on the right.) I wonder if maybe she likes mice because of Jaq and Gus in her Cinderella book? I'll cherish these always!



2 comments:
we finally got some snow in north La!!! :) Just lasted one day, but it was fun. You are so right about the laundry that it creates, what a mess! Your soup sounds DELICIOUS! Ya'll stay warm!
That soup looks good. And A's drawings are SO cute!!
Post a Comment