Sunday, August 8th was a really special day of celebration at the church I grew up in. Pastor Steve & Judy have been serving at First Baptist Flippin for 25 wonderful years! I couldn't begin to put into words how much they mean to me. I was starting 3rd grade (not much older than Rhett is now!) when the Martins moved there. Brother Steve baptized me when I was 9 and did my wedding ceremony when I was 24. He and my Dad came to our house to meet Rhett the day we brought R home from the hospital. (They had been to Nicaragua on a mission trip. I remember being SO HAPPY when I opened my front door and saw them standing there.) Mrs. Judy has always been such a sweet sweet mentor, teacher and encouragement to me. She is so kind, loving and giving to everyone! And the Martin kids (Kelly & Chris) were two of my dearest friends growing up. Our families did so many fun things together...I think we went to every Gaither Vocal Band concert within a reasonable driving distance, and we probably ate at least 1,000 meals together at Pizza Hut after church on Sunday nights. I'm grateful for the 25 years that the Lord has used them at First Baptist, and I'm so glad that I was able to be at church for the day of honoring them and their faithful service. I pray that God will continue to bless them richly!
My Dad (left), his sister Janice, his brother Greg & friend Bert singing "What a Savior". There were other great songs, a poem (you should go read it), and a message, too!
After church there was a BBQ lunch at the school. My kids were wild, and Crosby was beyond exhausted so we didn't stay long. I wish we could have stayed to visit with everyone...there were a lot of people there for the celebration that I hadn't seen in such a long time. 








5 comments:
Oh, Jamie, how sweet you are! You know we feel like you and your whole family are a part of our family too!
You and Micaela have both grown up to be beautiful women of God and makes your old preacher and his wife VERY PROUD!!
Thank you all for coming and celebrating with us! We hope to honor God in all we do!
Blessings!
Jamie one of the joys of my life has been to see you and Micaela grow up to be the incredible women that God planned for you to be. I can't begin to put into words the love I have for both of you. Just being with the "Hopper" family has been reward enough for these 25 years of serving the Lord in Flippin.
What a great post Jamie! It was so good to see you and your family as well! Thanks for sharing these photos. I am so sorry about the one you have of us 4 kids where I am stuffing my face with BBQ! ha! I am going to do a post as well as soon as I can. I hope you all have a great start to the school year and enjoy being at a brand new school!
-Carrie Martin
I LOVED what Greg said, too!!! And it was a day I will never forget as well. S & J have meant SO much to our family as well, as has your family. Y'all are just the best people we know. (And we SO enjoyed getting to visit with y'all Saturday evening. Izzy even loved getting to visit with your kids!)
Thanks for sharing pictures of a great celebration for a truly wonderful couple. So thankful you all were able to be there with them!
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22
Post a Comment