Mo & 4 grandkids--Crosby was taking a nap.
I like how Alexee is sitting in Rhett's lap.
We were happy to have one more weekend to play in Flippin before school starts. After the wonderful church service yesterday the kids rode Micaela & Mario's horses in the pen. It was terribly hot and humid. I think I've said that in just about every post this summer, but that seems to be the only way to describe anything that has happened outdoors since early June. It had rained before church though, which was a pleasant surprise blessing for a dry, August day.
Ready to go! I like how her lace socks are sticking out from the top of her pink boots. :)

Alexee & Jeryn

Pink tank, pink shorts, pink boots. She'd love it if there was a pink horse!
If you can't just tell by looking at these picture, this girl is a mess! :)


Mario, Rhett & Alexee on T.C. and Hot Sauce (Mic, are those the right names?)

She was telling Uncle Mario, "I want two more turns on the horse." :) Mario is so patient helping the kids ride.

Dad & Alexee watching Kung Fu Panda before bed. It had been a long, fun day--we were all tired.
This morning Mom made my Grandmother a red velvet cake for her birthday-yum! Rhett & Alexee sampled the cream cheese icing and approved!
Crosby saw them with the bowl, so they were sweet to share with him too.
We took the cake to Grandmother & Granddad's house and the kids had fun playing there (and eating cake) for a while. (I couldn't get everyone to look at the same time of course!)
It seems like kids always like stacking plastic dishes. Crosby loved this game. He laughed every time he knocked them over. Here's Rhett trying to make a tower before C noticed.
Mo Nina and Alexee playing with the barn set. Alexee told her, "I want to sit beside you since it's your birthday." :)

We didn't have candles, but we sang "Happy Birthday" anyway!
We love you, Grandmother!


A while back Mom told Alexee about the two windmills at my Grandparents' house (and maybe showed them to her, too--I'm not sure?). She must have really been interested in them because she tells us often, "Mo Nina has two windmills." So after eating birthday cake, we drove into one of the fields that has a windmill and took R & A's picture. We need to try it again on a cloudy day because the sun was too bright for them in these pictures. This one looks like a scene from Little House on the Prairie. (Alexee wanted to check out a Little House DVD from the library last time. She loves it! I used to love to watch that show after school when I was a kid. I cried on the way to Flippin just listening to one of the episodes--they're so good!)



















3 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend. We had that same barn set growing up. Mom still has is at her house for the grandkids to play with.
You can just tell A is a corker!! I love the personalities of all your kids. They are so different and so fun.
Every time I drive to Charlsie's I think about photographing those windmills for my blog. I love them!
Beautiful pictures of wonderful memories with your family.
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22
Post a Comment