Sunday, August 22, 2010

Promotion Sunday

Today was the beginning of a new church year at our church, so it was also promotion Sunday for all the kids. We're very grateful for the terrific kids' programs--they always learn so much! Rhett and Alexee were both excited about their new classes, but I think Crosby was a little too tired to fully enjoy his! He was SOUND asleep when I went to pick him up. I was so surprised because we've never had kids that would just fall asleep any and everywhere (maybe because I black-out their rooms and have sound machines and back-up sound machines and favorite blankies and back-up blankies and won't let anyone make a peep while they sleep, etc. ha!), but this is just another reminder to me that the third child is a little more laid back. He looked so cute in the crib with his sandals on that I snapped a picture before I reached in to lift him up. One of the ladies working in his nursery had Rhett in the nursery when R was two. She said, "I knew that was a Garner kid before I even saw his name tag. He looks JUST like a little Rhett!"

Other than a long morning at church we've had a quiet weekend. Lane studied all day yesterday (Step 2 exam on Wednesday--say a little prayer!) so the kids and I stayed home until late afternoon. It looked like it was about to rain, but we took a short drive to a nearby state park (scouting locations for our fall family picnic) and stopped at Sonic on our way back home. I don't know if Crosby is getting new teeth or what, but he has been unusually cranky since Tuesday when he had a fever. He hasn't had fever since Thursday, but he still doesn't act like he feels very good for some reason. :( Hopefully he will feel better this week.

1 comments:

Jacquie said...

Boy, you've had a big week of firsts!! I sure hope C feels better soon... and I will be praying for Lane as he preps for his test.

I'm sending you an email on the photo stitching. :)