Tuesday, September 13, 2011

After School Appointments

For some reason I scheduled hair cuts and dentist appointments for Rhett & Alexee at 3:00 and 3:30 on the same day. It worked out okay because Lane was off today. Lane took R to his haircut while I picked A & C up at school, then we met him at the salon and dropped A off with him and I took R and C to the dentist as soon as R was done with his haircut. When A was done with her hair trim, they joined us at the dentist office--just in time for her turn in the chair. C didn't have to get his hair cut or his teeth cleaned, but he got a Tootsie Pop from the salon, a toothbrush and three toys from the treasure box at the dentist's office (I don't think they meant for him to take three and I didn't realize he had until we got home.)

L sent me this while I was at the dentist. Alexee wasn't excited about getting her hair trimmed because she wants her hair "to look like Rapunzel's", but I told her it would grow faster if we trimmed it. Lane said she did fine.
Rhett went back for his appointment by himself. I took this picture from the waiting room. :) The good news today was that the dentist said he has lots of room for his new teeth that are coming in, so it looks like we can avoid round #1 of braces and wait and see how they look once all the permanent teeth are in. I guess these days kids often get braces twice: once to make room for all the permanent teeth, then again to straighten them all up once they're there. By doing braces twice, you can usually avoid having to pull any perfectly good teeth to make room to straighten. I had no idea Rhett had another loose tooth, and it wasn't mentioned at the appointment today. Tonight he showed me and then came downstairs later to tell me it was bleeding. I pulled it out and we put it in the tooth-fairy pillow, problem solved.
Next it was Alexee's turn. She did great too, but wanted me to go back to the chair with her. She chose orange-flavored toothpaste and wore sunglasses. :)
Today was show & tell: wear your favorite color to school day. I thought her favorite colors were pink and purple, but she's recently changed that to yellow because of Belle's dress. She wants to be Belle for Halloween this year.
Crosby had fun playing in the waiting room and checking out the toy chest. Our dentist generally likes to start cleaning kids' teeth at age 3 if the child is willing to sit in the chair. So for our next 6 month appointment, I scheduled all three kids! Crosby is growing up so fast!
Alexee wanted to ride home with Lane. The boys and I went through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A for their dinner. They ate early then we went outside to ride bikes for a while before bath time. Summer weather kind of reappeared here--it was 94 today. Rain and cooler temperatures are predicted for later this week, which I hope is right,

2 comments:

Candy said...

Ya'll had a very busy day! Glad Lane was able to help you get them to all of their appointments! :) Funny that A wants her hair to be like Rapuzel's-Ella did that same thing! Now, she wants it red like Annie! :) Surprised ya'll are having cooler weather than us. We were up to 107 yesterday! :( Hopefully, cooler weather will be here soon though. :)

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

So glad I've found your blog! YAY!!!